Choosing the Right Gun Case: The Pros and Cons of Hard Cases and Soft Cases
Guns and rifles are dangerous weapons. Hence, proper storage of your firearm is essential. Gun cases are among the most common storage options for these weapons. These cases offer a safe way to store and transport your gun. Thus, making a gun case an essential item for every gun owner.
Furthermore, gun cases are generally classified into two categories. These include hard cases and soft cases. However, there is a lot more to these gun cases than people understand. Choosing between any of these cases can be quite hard. In this article we will be taking a look at the pros and cons of hard gun cases and soft gun cases.
Hard Gun Cases
Hard gun cases feature a very tough outer shell. These gun cases are typically manufactured using highly durable plastic and metal materials. Also, they come with a foam interior lining which keeps the gun or rifle secure.
What’s more, the hard gun case offers more protection for your weapon when compared with a soft gun case. The hard-outer shell, as well as the interior padding, offer improved insulation for your firearm. Hence, they are the ideal choice for long-distance transportation or long-term storage.
- The case features crush-proof construction.
- The hard gun case comes with watertight protection.
- There are layered foam inserts.
- The case feature locking mechanism.
- The locking points are reinforced.
- Hard gun cases come with wheels for easy transportation.
- There is also a secure impact protection for your firearm.
- The case is suitable for different weather.
- Hard gun cases are typically more expensive.
- The gun case is heavy, bulky, and louder to carry.
- No suitable for traveling light.
Soft Gun Cases
Soft gun cases are designed to float. The case is manufactured using flexible but durable fabrics such as nylon and ripstop materials. The interior of the case is lined with soft padding for added protection. Soft gun cases are lighter and more convenient to transport.
Also, these gun cases are easier to manage, however, they offer less protection when compared to hard rifle cases. Soft gun cases offer sufficient protection and less noise. Thus, they are best suited for hunters or other quiet operations.
- The soft gun case is lightweight and quiet. They are very suitable for hunting trips.
- It is designed to float.
- The soft gun case is not as secure as hard cases.
- The case has less resistance to impact or external forces.
- During transport, the gun in the case can shift easily.
- Soft gun cases do not feature locking systems for air travel.
There you have it! Above are some of the pros and cons of hard cases and soft cases. Choosing between soft or hard gun cases usually depends on preference and usage. Nonetheless, it is essential to choose the case that will fit your mission and gun. With the information provided above, you should be able to choose the right gun case that best fits your specific needs.
Do you want to purchase a gun case? Contact us today at Cobra Foam Inserts and Cases. We offer a huge collection of replacement foam inserts and custom cut foam inserts for any case. Our products are highly durable and guaranteed to serve your needs for many years to come.